Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Getting Motivated to Create...

Harmony

11x17 pastel
with a liquid acrylic underpainting
on
white Wallis sanded paper.

I jumped right into this painting with the liquid acrylic instead of starting with a sketch.
Today was a day off of work, so I made a point to get in the studio and create.
It seems there are so many distractions that keep me from getting started.
I tell myself to
BE BRAVE and JUST DO IT.....

I rewarded myself after completing this piece by building a fire in the fireplace, turning on the computer and listening to Leslie Saeta's
Artists Helping Artists Radio Show while I downloaded the pictures from today's painting session.
She is an awesome palette knife painter. I love following her blog....she shares so many tips and valuable information for artists. Check it out....
She is starting a painting a day challenge for January.
Hmmmm.......

It's time to set goals for the new year. Have you been thinking about your goals?


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you decided to just do it. I LOVE this painting! So calming and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Graceful_Lily!
      Mission Accomplished! I named it Harmony because it seemed to fit...not only was it my Angel Card today, also one of the definitions in the dictionary is "internal calm". It's always my hope to relay some sense of emotion in my paintings that the viewer can feel.

      Delete