Sunday, August 24, 2014

New Art Adventures...



I spent the day with artist Susan Mitchell exploring some of the beautiful places
near her area. It was a perfect summer day for it!


She took me to some scenic places to capture some photos
for future painting reference.


Then we set up our easels to get to work.
It was a perfect outdoor studio with 
beautiful views, a light breeze, and shade!


Susan started with a watercolor underpainting,


before applying the pastels in this piece.


I started with a large charcoal sketch on newsprint paper


then moved on to my sanded paper 


 to do a liquid acrylic underpainting.


I will re-visit this pastel painting at home in the studio. 


Thank you Susan for the Wonderful Summer Art Adventure!

Check out her website at
http://www.susanmitchellartist.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment