Sunday, April 26, 2015

Finishing Touches....





This week I will be delivering all my paintings for the 
Featured Artist Exhibit coming up.

I'm spending the weekend doing all those finishing touches.


That means taking a last look at the paintings yet to be 
matted and framed, making sure I have all the correct size mats cut,


and signing the completed pieces before putting them in their frames.


Sometimes it is a struggle to say it's finished. 
It seems like there is always something that can be
changed or possibly improved. Sometimes our artist's eye
overworks it! 

I finally just signed this one and framed it.
It's finished!

Seeing Differently
9 x 24" pastel
Oh, and then there is giving the piece a title. 
I discovered that I hadn't yet used the theme of my show 
as a title, and it seemed very appropriate for this painting, 
as it is created from a photo taken while painting on location several years ago.
 I am drawn back to this scene to revisit it again and again as I continue on this 
Artfelt Journey!


Join me in celebrating this new body of work
at the opening reception on
Friday, May 8th from 5:30 - 7:30 pm
at


Go to Salemart.org to see all the new exhibits for
May - June 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment