Sunday, May 24, 2015

Color Confidence...

I attended a two day workshop with Marla Baggetta to study color,
and I am hoping to become more confident because of it!
There was so much information shared and great exercises to help put
the lessons into play.


We discussed analyzing and organizing color,
 which included the levels of saturation in
prismatic colors,
muted colors,
chromatic colors
and
achromatic colors.


It was fun, but also challenging,
 just to get the colors chosen!


With Marla's help and guidance we gained more confidence.


Making values studies, then color stories with those,
made for great lessons.
Marla had many examples of color stories to show us that she had created.


Then it was time for us to put the lesson to work and create our own.
Here are my studies


and other students working on theirs.



Here's my table partner Ale sharing some of her accomplishments. 
After painting together I came home and visited her website at http://www.alejandragos.com/
It was wonderful to make new art friends from near and far while studying 
color together.


We also had the pleasure of learning more while watching Marla demo. 


I have felt honored to study with Marla several times over the years.
I continue to learn more knowledge and skills each time I take a workshop with her.
She is so supportive and willing to share her tips and techniques.
Visit her website at
http://www.landscapepaintinglessons.com/
to see all the new learning opportunities for artists.


Seeing all these original small works available by Marla was a delight!

I came home being the proud owner of this Marla Baggetta original pastel.


You can learn more and see her art at
http://www.marlabaggetta.com/












No comments:

Post a Comment