Saturday, March 12, 2016

The Gift of Life....

   Making memories together is part of having each day being such a gift.
This week "Grandma Day" landed on March 10th which was also 
World Kidney Day
and
Every second Thursday the 
Compass Gallery at the Willamette Heritage Center
has a reception for their new monthly show,
plus the art studios are open to visit.


I surprised Rachel with a special gift of art made by 
Tory Brokenshire.
I had purchased it last month on our visit thinking that I would put it in a safe place
 to save it for her birthday. 
After checking in with my kidney doctor in the morning and getting such a great report, 
it seemed like the perfect day to celebrate and present it to her.
I will be forever grateful for her gift of life. 
Her giving me a kidney 28 months ago changed my life.
She is my donor hero!

Rachel, Lily, Gracie and I still had time to make a stop
 at the State Capital grounds to see the trees in bloom.
It's a wonderland in the spring!


Making memories!





No comments:

Post a Comment