Saturday, April 9, 2016

"Afternoon Delight"....

Even though I wasn't feeling all that well yesterday,
  I couldn't imagine staying indoors
when it was so beautiful out.
I'm so glad that I took the time to get outside
while it was warm and sunny!


Keeping it simple, getting settled in with my sketchbook and a pen, 
I enjoyed admiring the blossoms as I sketched.
It got me inspired and motivated to bring out more art supplies for a painting.


 Warm 80° temperatures had the flowers all popping with color.



The tree peonies especially seemed to love it,
they opened up and 
seemed even more spectacular.


Using a mounted piece of Wallis paper,
I started with an acrylic underpainting to loosen up
and be ready to get out my pastels 
for some fun, colorful mark making.


Here's a few process photos...







"Afternoon Delight"
12 x 8"
pastel




No comments:

Post a Comment