Saturday, October 1, 2016

Fall Art & Harvest Season...

4 x 6" pastel  © Debbie Robinson
Being one of the last days of September,
Deanna and I enjoyed the mild temperatures,
and a beautiful fall day together this week.


We made the most of this time by starting with
 a walk in the woods,
 while we searched out a place that spoke to us.


 It's an art day and a
 perfect day
for plein air painting!


Deanna chose to capture the pears in a pastel painting,
 before they get picked.


I found that the morning light on this maple tree called out to me. 


Starting with a gestural pen sketch in my art journal, 
I then added a bit of color with watercolor crayons.


Then it was time to get the pastels out and work on a
little landscape.



After a break for lunch, 


and a bit of garden harvesting,


 the afternoon was spent under the shade of the apple tree
with my art journal, pen and watercolor crayons.





It was a full day of art and friendship!




No comments:

Post a Comment