Sunday, January 29, 2017

On the easel today...

Revisiting past paintings can be fun and challenging
 I came upon a washed off painting that still had the ghost image visible
on the paper, and the reference photos were still with it.
That was my choice to attempt today, for a shared art day with friends.


I feel a sense of place as I worked on this painting.
 It was originally started while on location at
 Delta Ponds City Park in Eugene a few years ago.


After looking back at the process pictures that I took while working, 
I like the looser mark making at the beginning of the painting.
There is always that decision of when to keep going and when to stop.
I had to keep going because it was too early in the painting to stop!


I feel I could have been better at working the entire painting,
 rather than getting caught up in certain areas 
and risking the chance of overworking it.
It's time to set it aside and come back to it another day with fresh eyes.

It's always a learning process!


No comments:

Post a Comment