Sunday, June 18, 2017

Art at Dave Wilson Designer Goldsmith...

The opening reception was a great way to start out my month long exhibit at
Dave Wilson Designer Goldsmith.


I enjoyed sharing this special time with friends and family, 
and meeting new people as well. It's fun to share a bit about my art, 
 talking about process, technique,
 or the experiences behind the creation of a paintings.

The recently finished pastel painting that just came off the easel, is titled
"Revisiting Delight".


A few years ago my art sisters and I searched out a place to spend 
an art day together.
We spent the day sketching and
at Silverton Park.
As the afternoon got warmer, the children came down to the creek 
to wade in the water. Suddenly, memories stirred of enjoying this same spot when 
I was a growing up......doing  just that....
cooling off on a summer day, playing in the creek.
What delight!


This place continues to call me back, time after time,
 and has become a special spot to revisit.

 My daughter, granddaughters and I have shared
many "Grandma Days" making new memories there.








Thanks so much to all those who came by on the opening night to help me celebrate.




Along with the pastel paintings avalable,
 there are also some of my oil and cold wax pieces,
and a selection of art greeting cards too.

The show and sale continues through June 28, 2017 downtown Salem at
Dave Wilson Designer Goldsmith
216 Commercial NE

HOURS;
Saturday 10AM - 3:30PM
Sunday  Closed
Monday Closed
Tuesday 10AM - 5:30PM
Wednesday  10AM - 5:30PM
Thursday  10AM - 5:30PM
Friday  10AM - 5:30PM


Don't miss the "little landscapes" in the front display window.



If you get a chance to stop by and see,
 please take a minute to sign my guest book!









No comments:

Post a Comment